CODE OF CONDUCT
This code of conduct outlines specific behaviors expected of all individuals working within or taking part in EuroGames Vienna 2024. At the same time it serves as a means to convey our values to the outside world. It contains legal, ethical, moral and human right principles.
The Code of Conduct applies to every team member, employee, volunteer, trainer or other partners collaborating with EuroGames Vienna 2024.
We pledge our commitment to diversity, respect, inclusion, equality and humanity. This commitment entails embracing our individual differences and acknowledging the uniqueness of every person in terms of ethnicity, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, disabilities, political beliefs and athletic abilities.
EuroGames Vienna 2024 is all about creating a safe, positive, and nurturing environment where we can explore these distinctions and celebrate the many facets of diversity within each individual and our communities.
At EuroGames Vienna 2024, we pledge to provide a fair and ethical environment for work and sport. Furthermore, we are dedicated to preventing discrimination, exclusion or any form of harassment. The personal boundaries of all individuals involved are to be upheld and respected.
Sexual harassment will not be tolerated. This encompasses all sexual behaviours perceived by the affected individuals as undesirable and inappropriate, which violate their dignity or aim to do so, and create an intimidating, hostile, degrading, insulting or humiliating environment. This policy applies both within the internal environment and in interactions with external partners, participants, trainers and other third parties. Harassment occurring outside of EuroGames Vienna 2024 venues (e.g. during additional training, events, etc.) will also have consequences. Sexual harassment is a form of harassment related to unwanted behaviour assumed to pertain to the sexual sphere and will not be tolerated. Both sexual harassment and the toleration of sexual harassment are considered gender-based discrimination.
At EuroGames Vienna 2024, we are committed to implement a set of conscious practices, including:
- Recognizing that gender extends beyond the binary.
- Understanding that every coming out process is unique and different for each individual.
- Engaging all athletes, staff, volunteers, sponsors, partners, external experts and referees in our commitment to our Code of Conduct.
- Respecting the individual’s right to self-identification.
- Establishing a safe space that is inclusive of every individual.
All participants of EuroGames Vienna 2024 are expected to adhere to the following code of conduct:
- Participate for your enjoyment and benefit. Please remember that EuroGames Vienna 2024 is a community-led social sport competition. We are all here to have fun and enjoy the experience.
- Be a good sport. Applaud good performances, whether they come from yourself or your opponent(s). Show fair play and respect for fellow participants.
- Compete according to the rules. Follow the rules set forth by your sport. Fair play is essential to maintaining the integrity of the competition.
- Cooperate with all. Collaborate with tournament officials, referees, your teammates, opponents, and EuroGames Vienna 2024 staff and volunteers. Without their support, there would be no competition.
- Address disagreements respectfully. If you have a disagreement with a tournament official, involve a neutral third party such as your team captain or another participant and approach the official during a break or after the competition.
- Control your temper. Verbal and physical abuse of tournament officials, participants, and spectators, as well as deliberately distracting or provoking others, are not acceptable or permitted behaviours and will result in dismissal.
- Treat others as you wish to be treated. Do not engage in bullying or take unfair advantage of another competitor. Failure to adhere to this principle may result in your participation being discontinued.
- Respect diversity. Show respect for the rights, dignity, and worth of all participants, regardless of their ethnicity, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, disabilities, political beliefs and athletic abilities.
- Zero tolerance for altercations. Any physical or verbal altercation will not be tolerated. Offending parties will be immediately ejected from the competition. Poor team behavior will result in the removal of the entire team from EuroGames Vienna 2024.