Who are we?
EuroGames Vienna 2024 is an Austrian non-profit organisation. Here are our contact details:
Adress: EuroGames Vienna 2024, Mariahilfer Gürtel 4, 1060 Vienna, Austria
Association register no.: 1591326385
The sport event management software used for EuroGames Vienna 2024 is provided by fusesport, Inc., a Delaware corporation (hereinafter referred to as “fusesport”).
As a data controller in Austria, we are bound by the Austrian Data Protection Act and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation, regulated by the Austrian Data Protection Authority (Österreichische Datenschutzbehörde).
How to contact us
How do we collect your personal information?
We may collect information about you through the following means:
- Data collection forms completed on our website or partner websites for event registration, services, or information requests.
- Cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies embedded on our website or app.
- Proximity data collected via Bluetooth or other proximity technologies during an event.
- Data provided to us by a third-party data processor appointed by us to manage registration for certain events or activities.
- Information on paper or non-electronic means manually entered into our database or systems.
- Data provided to us by partner organisations.
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following categories of personal data about you:
- Basic information such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, etc.
- Personal information you provide when registering to participate or attend an event, such as your sexuality, gender identity, dietary requirements, membership of other organisations, and country of residence, etc.
- Information about your interactions with us, such as emails you’ve sent, surveys you’ve filled out, contests or events you’ve participated in, etc.
- Information about you obtained from social networks, including comments, behaviour, and interactions.
- Information about your digital activities, such as browsing history, email activity, and physical presence, through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies, including IP addresses and MAC addresses.
We may share personal data about you with fusesport, partner sport clubs, and associations as mentioned above. Please also refer to the section “How do we share your personal information” below.
We may also link your different levels of participation in our activities. For example, if you have subscribed to our newsletter and later signed up as a volunteer, we may link the existing information from your subscription to your volunteer profile.
How do we use your personal information?
The information about you may be used for the following purposes:
- Organising the sports event you participate in and managing tournament results.
- Promoting and marketing EuroGames 2024 or any subsequent EuroGames.
- Providing you with newsletters and communications, including exclusive news and deals.
- Recruiting volunteers for EuroGames 2024.
- Soliciting donations to finance various parts of EuroGames 2024.
- Consumer analysis and segmentation, including tailoring the content of newsletters, communications, and other media.
- Evaluating and developing EuroGames 2024.
- Facilitating your participation in EuroGames 2024, including sports tournaments and side events listed on https://eurogames2024.at/.
- Processing your personal data may be necessary to deliver a specific service, such as registering you as a participant at EuroGames 2024 and meeting your needs as far as practicable. Processing your personal data may also be necessary to comply with your requests, such as sending newsletters, providing information about EuroGames 2024, or informing you about volunteer opportunities, etc.
The processing of your personal data may also be based on our legitimate interests in understanding our consumers better to provide you with more tailored content, develop and evaluate EuroGames 2024, and conduct statistics and analyses.
We may share your personal information with law enforcement agencies in Austria where required by law or where we believe it is in the public interest or to prevent harm to individuals.
Communications and marketing
If you give consent, we will send you marketing communications via email and other technologies. You can manage your subscriptions at any time by changing your settings. If you wish to opt-out of receiving emails from us entirely, unsubscribe from our email list by clicking the link in any email we send you or email to make the request. You also have the option to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
How do we share your personal information?
As mentioned earlier, we have the right to share personal data about you with partner sport clubs and associations to facilitate your participation in registered sport competition(s).
We may share your personal data with third-party providers, such as online registration providers, marketing services, shipping companies, etc., to fulfil your requests and conduct our business. We have a Data Processor agreement in place with all third parties with whom we may share your data. This agreement extends your protections under Austrian and European regulations to those third-party organisations.
We may also share your personal information with third parties that assist us with marketing, such as social networks. We ensure that such third parties only use the personal information to promote EuroGames 2024 and related goods and services in accordance with our instructions.
When do we delete your personal information?
We will retain your personal data for as long as legally required. Your personal data will be stored for the duration of your subscription or as long as it remains relevant to EuroGames Vienna 2024 or any subsequent EuroGames. You can email us at at any time to request the removal of your personal data from our records, and we will do so within three business days of receiving your request.
We may transfer your personal data to countries outside the EU/EEA. When we do so, it will either be to a country that authorities deem able to provide an adequate level of protection or subject to a written data processor agreement containing obligations for the disclosing and receiving parties. The agreement will be based on the “Standard Contractual Clauses” approved by the European Commission or similar.
Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject, you have the right to revoke any consent(s) given regarding our use of your personal data at any time.
You have the right to access your personal data and obtain information about how we process it. You may also modify your personal data to ensure its accuracy, and you may ask us to limit or cease the processing of your personal data or to delete it. You may object to the processing of your personal data.
To modify your subscriptions or opt-out of receiving marketing communications and news from EuroGames 2024 via email, please let us know by unsubscribing or clicking the link in our newsletters to opt-out of that particular service or update your settings. Our contact information is stated above in the “How to Contact Us” section. You may also file a complaint with a competent data protection authority. In Austria, this is the Österreichische Datenschutzbehörde (Austrian Data Protection Authority).
How do we protect your information?
We value the protection of your personal data and will apply industry-standard security measures to ensure its adequate protection.
To manage the cookies and similar technologies used (tracking pixels, web beacons, etc.) and related consents, we use the consent tool “Real Cookie Banner”. Details on how “Real Cookie Banner” works can be found at https://devowl.io/rcb/data-processing/.
The legal basis for the processing of personal data in this context are Art. 6 (1) lit. c GDPR and Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest is the management of the cookies and similar technologies used and the related consents.
The provision of personal data is neither contractually required nor necessary for the conclusion of a contract. You are not obliged to provide the personal data. If you do not provide the personal data, we will not be able to manage your consents.